Countryside Productivity Scheme

Deadline 08/12/18

About the Countryside Productivity Scheme:

The RDPE Countryside Productivity Scheme provides funding for projects in England
which improve productivity in the farming and forestry sectors and help create jobs
and growth in the rural economy.

The Rural Payments Agency (RPA) delivers the grants.

RPA’s role is to assess applications for grants and make offers for grant funding on
behalf of Defra.

The government has guaranteed funding for RDPE Countryside Productivity Scheme
grants if these are agreed and signed before the UK’s departure from the EU, even if
the grant agreements continue after we have left the EU.
This is subject to projects meeting the following conditions:

  • they are good value for money
  • they are in line with domestic strategic priorities

Who can apply:

Farmers (including livestock, dairy, arable and horticultural sectors)

What the grants are for:

These grants are to improve farm productivity through

  • the use of robotic equipment to aid crop and livestock production
  • increasing the use of renewable energy produced on farm by improving energy storage and distribution
  • the use of LED wavelength controlled lighting to aid crop production
  • more efficient use of livestock slurries and manures, and digestate See examples of the kinds of projects which may be eligible for a grant on page 11.
    Grant funding can help pay for buying
  • and installing machinery and equipment.

Who can’t apply:

The following are not eligible for the

  • agricultural and horticultural contracting businesses
  • non departmental public bodies including local authorities
  • Crown bodies
  • members of Producer

Organisations under the Fresh
Fruit and Vegetables Aid Scheme
if they have (or could get) a grant
for the same project through their
operational programme document

What the grants are not for:

The grants can’t be used to

  • generate renewable energy
  • generate renewable energy
  • fund equipment used in the processing and packing of fruit or vegetables
  • crop storage
  • fund anaerobic digesters

Click to download the .GOV pdf and read more on how to apply, the best ways and if you’re eligible.